a unique kitesurfing experience
on a magical island
Fuerteventura, Canary Islands
29 july – 9 august
10 – 21 august
dates are a bit flexible
contact us by registering
– powerful wind, friendly lagoon, amazing vistas
– one of the most beautiful villas on the island (see details)
– semi-private kitesurfing course for beginners
– focused workshops for intermediate & advanced riders
– photo/video sessions
Fuerteventura kite camp 2016
video by Shred Mind & Fresh-Meat
Explorer Pack – 540 EUR
for advanced kiters or family members
– accommodation in double rooms
– kiting at various spots
– trips to explore the island
– photo album
Kite course & coaching – 690 EUR
this is on top of the Explorer Pack
– daily kite course & progression sessions
– one day is reserved for island trips (no kiting)
– from beginner up to strapless
– equipment included (shared)
First steps on the water
semi-private, max. 2 students / kite
you either ride or get feedback – no waiting times
Before you start
– swimming at least brass and being friends with water (and soap)
– no respiratory or random crisis medical conditions (epilepsy, etc.)
Stage 1 – novice
why the kite flies, how to stay safe
+ wind window – wind directions & types, positioning against the wind
+ kite rigging – getting to know the equipment, preparing the equipment for flight
+ safety – information and systems related to safety on the water, safety drills, helping yourself, helping others
Stage 2 – pilot
fly the kite
+ launch & re-launch, landing – safely getting the kite into the air, and on the ground again, in groups of two
+ beach fly – flying the kite while standing on land or in the water, with the help of another student
Stage 3 – independent rider
your first moments as a kite-boarder
+ body dragging – moving through the water by using the kite, without a board
+ water start – moving on the water with a board on your feet
beginner courses are held with locally certified instructors, in semi-private groups of 2 students / coach
this guarantees a deep, personal and efficient learning experience
Freedom & Fun
coching sessions for intermediates / freeriders
tips & tricks sessions for advanced riders / intro to freestyle & strapless
Before you start
– you’re familiar with the water-start & basic safety techniques
– you can ride on the water, but you can’t go upwind to get back to your starting point
Stage 1 – freeride
+ evaluate your technical level
+ fine-tuning your stance on the board and your kite control
+ edging and going upwind, so you can get back to your starting point
+ linking runs with fluid transitions
Stage 2 – a little fun
+ down-loop transitions
+ toeside riding
+ carved turns
+ loaded or boosted beginner jumps
Stage 3 – intro to freestyle & strapless
+ toeside riding & carved transitions
+ jumps & grabs, air transitions
+ intro to strapless and wave riding
intermediate & advanced sessions follow a workshop model
each new skill will be introduced & studied only when appropriate
la isla de nuestras almas
With its Mars-like volcanoes and mountains and long stretches of wild, lonely beaches, Fuerteventura feels like piece of another world that somehow fell to Earth.
Part of the Canary islands, it enjoys more than 300 sunny days per year and a 90% chance of 20 knots trade winds during the summer months.
– beginners & freeriding at Flag Beach
– wave riding at El Cotillo & La Pared
– constant trade winds, blowing north-to-south
– Oasis Park Fuerteventura, one of the largest zoo in Europe
– Acua Water Park & urban fun in Corralejo
– wide beaches and diverse restaurants in Morro Jable
– exquisite seafood
For the explorers
– chase the day from sunrise on the east cost to sunset on the west coast
– feel like a time-traveler 100 years back to Cofete, one of the most secluded and beautiful beaches on the planet
chance of wind
Wind Conditions & Spots
Wind: 90% chance of +20kn
World-leading kite spot, host of international competitions.
Open-ocean spot for advanced riders, with powerful cross-offshore winds and vigilant rescue service.
Wind: 80% chance of +15kn
Excellent freeride spot on the open ocean. Wind direction varies from slightly cross-on to slightly cross-off. Rescue service on site.
El Cotillo & north shore
Wind: 80% chance of +15kn
More exposed to the Atlantic, this is the wave spot of Fuerteventura.
Gear you need
Fuerteventura offers you the chance to ride in many wind conditions. A typical 75kg rider will mostly use 8m at Sotavento and 10m at Flag Beach and El Cotillo.
Size up or down depending on your weight and skill level.
Ocean water is a bit colder than you might expect, around 18-20 degrees. A 2mm shorty might be useful, especially for early morning or late evening sessions.
There are 300+ sunny days on the island in a year, so be prepared to soak in a lot of sun. Use a rashvest or lycra, sunglasses and good sunscreen.
Getting to Fuerteventura
Flying is the easiest way to get on the island.
Once there, we’ll use local car rentals to travel to the kite spots or to explore the island.
The most popular flights to Fuerteventura fly from Barcelona, Madrid, Milano, London, Munchen or Amsterdam. So it may require a stop-over to get from your home airport to our destination.
Our kite camp dates are a bit flexibile, so you can travel 8-18 july for example. This might help you find better flights. Please confirm availability with us before booking any flight tickets.
– pack light, you don’t need too many clothes; the weather is superb
– if you have your own equipment, you can put everything you have in the boardbag
– for couples or groups, sharing the hold luggage is your cheaper option; put all your clothes in one person’s normal luggage, and all equipments in the other person’s boardbag
– if you don’t have your own kite gear, even better – we’ll provide it!
Right at the edge of the ocean, this private villa is located in Costa Calma, close to the Sotavento lagoon.
+ double rooms in apartments
+ kitchen in each apartment
+ huge lounge for sharing evenings together
+ access to the ocean, no swimming pool needed :)
accommodation & exploring – 540 EUR
additional kite course or coaching – 690 EUR
we are a bit flexible on the dates
Find what makes Fuerteventura such an amazing place to visit or even live in. Our guide Andrei will take us to places only the locals know about.
Live the kitesurf life in a villa on the edge of the ocean
Double rooms in apartments
Semi-private (2 students / kite) courses for beginners
Focused coaching & tricks sessions for intermediates & advanced.
Re-live the Wave Mission kite camp with our photo & video album. Or re-live it again for real in 2020 :)